Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Kafka unable to produce data

Highlighted

Kafka unable to produce data

New Contributor

Hi,

I was able to create topic in Kafka . But unable to produce data into it .

Error

[2019-12-29 13:35:56,810] ERROR Error when sending message to topic latest123 with key: null, value: 2 bytes with error: (org.apache.kafka.clients.producer.internals.ErrorLoggingCallback)
org.apache.kafka.common.errors.TimeoutException: Failed to update metadata after 60000 ms.

Please help

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Kafka unable to produce data

New Contributor

Am also facing the same errors, do we have any solution for this.

[2020-01-13 14:56:30,165] ERROR Error when sending message to topic kunaltestihub with key: null, value: 2515 bytes with error: (org.apache.kafka.clients.producer.internals.ErrorLoggingCallback)org.apache.kafka.common.errors.TimeoutException: Expiring 10 record(s) for kunaltestihub-4: 1501 ms has passed since last append

Highlighted

Mentor

@SShubhendu 

Whicout sharing the command being executed, it's difficult to help, please can you include the Kafka version whether standalone orCDH/HDP.
Your kafka-console-producer.sh command could be the source of problems.

HTH

Highlighted

New Contributor

Hi,

The issue has been resolved. I crossed checked my command and I was not passing the client certificate due to that I was getting this error.

Thanks to all for your support.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here