Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Kerberos Authentication Failure : Catalog Server Unable to Connect to Statestore Port

Explorer

F0303 09:59:04.650674 32117 catalogd-main.cc:87] Couldn't open transport for hostname:11423 (SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error: Unspecified GSS failure. Minor code may provide more information (Server not found in Kerberos database))

I have used a customized service name for impala, can we do that? if not how can we achieve it?

principal - impala_<some text>@hostname@Domain

20 REPLIES 20

Super Guru

@pandu2022 ,

Have you updated the properties below for *all* the Impala service roles (ID, catalog and statestore)?

• principal: When using a load-balancer this should be of the form impala_test/<LB_fqdn>@<REALM>. If not using a LB, this should be impala_test/<host_fqdn>@<REALM>.
  • be_principal: This is only necessary when a LB is being used and should be of the form impala_test/<host_fqdn>@<REALM>.

Cheers,

André

--
Was your question answered? Please take some time to click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

--
Was your question answered? Please take some time to click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.

Explorer

Hi,
everything works fine for "impala" service name. but I will try and let you know. Thank you very much.

Thanks,
Panduka.

Explorer

@araujo 
i do not know where else to configure this customized service name for impala services.

Contributor

@pandu2022 

I have feeling that your kerberos principle doesn't exist on the KDC server. On the statestore server can you try running "kinit impala_test/<host_fqdn>@<REALM>". If you get prompt for password that indicate your principle is exist on KDC server. If you get error (not found in kerberos database) when you kinit, that indicate your principle doesn't exist on the KDC server.

If the kinit works from catalog server, then most likely on statestore you are using different KDC server. In this case may be you should check your /etc/krb5.conf to make sure there are match.

rgds,

Ram.

Explorer

Hi Ram,
kinit works fine in both of the servers as expected and no difference in krb5.conf files as well.

Thanks,
Panduka.

Explorer

@araujo / @ram76 

should the backend host fqdn be accessible from the KDC server. I am using a custom fqdn for hosts which are accessible within the cluster but KDC can access only the LB fqdn.is this an issue? any comments?

Super Guru

@pandu2022 ,

The KDC does not need to connect to Impala servers.

Do you happen to have multiple realms in your environment with cross-realm trust configured between them?

Could you please run the below commands and share the output?

kinit <your_user>
kvno impala/<host_fqdn>@<REALM>
kvno impala_test/<host_fqdn>@<REALM>

Cheers,

André

--

--

Explorer

@araujo 

OMG!!

kinit <user> - works fine

kvno impala/<host fqdn> - works fine

but,

kvno impala_test/<host fqdn> - not working !!!
kvno: Server not found in Kerberos database while getting credentials for impala_test/<host fqdn>@domain 

Explorer

and additionally ,
what does this kvno command do?
when i kinit relavant keytab for impala_test/<host fqdn>@domain. it works fine. but kvno command does not.

Super Guru

@pandu2022 ,

Please check the servicePrincipalName (SPN) property of the AD user. It should be impala_test/<host>@realm.

André

--