Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

[Kerberos ][Cloudera manager 7] Unable to create a kudu table from impala shell after enabling kerberos

Explorer

Hi , 

Kindly for your support, I'm trying to create a kudu table from impala shell after enabling kerberos but i got the following error: 

ERROR: AnalysisException: Cannot analyze Kudu table 'courses_kudu': Error determining if Kudu's integration with the Hive Metastore is enabled: Couldn't find a valid master in (cloudera.ngdw.com:7051). Exceptions received: [org.apache.kudu.client.NonRecoverableException: Server requires Kerberos, but this client is not authenticated (missing or expired TGT)]

Kindly find attached steps and error returned. kerberos-kudu-impala-shell.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hi @hebamahmoud 

You mean even after configuring the KUDU-HMS integration you are still facing the same issue/error? Can you confirm?

Have you followed the given workaround on all HMS servers?

https://docs.cloudera.com/cdp-private-cloud-base/7.1.7/runtime-release-notes/topics/rt-pvc-known-iss...

If that does not work can you try below and check?

CM > kudu > configuration> kudu service Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) ==> --trusted_user_acl=impala,hive and restart the kudu services,

Regards,

Chethan YM

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

New Contributor

Dear @hebamahmoud , seems we ran into this issue too. Have you fixed this issue? Thanks in advance.

Community Manager

@dsajdklajdklsa, Welcome to our community! To help you get the best possible answer, I have tagged our experts @ChethanYM @willx @araujo @Shelton  who may be able to assist you further.

Please feel free to provide any additional information or details about your query, and we hope that you will find a satisfactory solution to your question.

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Rising Star

Having the same issue while loading data from NIFI 1.21 to Kudu. Anyone find the solution?. I can connect to Kudu Via Hue and Impala

Super Collaborator

Hi @hebamahmoud 

You mean even after configuring the KUDU-HMS integration you are still facing the same issue/error? Can you confirm?

Have you followed the given workaround on all HMS servers?

https://docs.cloudera.com/cdp-private-cloud-base/7.1.7/runtime-release-notes/topics/rt-pvc-known-iss...

If that does not work can you try below and check?

CM > kudu > configuration> kudu service Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) ==> --trusted_user_acl=impala,hive and restart the kudu services,

Regards,

Chethan YM

Super Collaborator

Hello @hebamahmoud 

If the issue is has been from any of the above responses, Could you accept it as a solution?

Regards,

Chethan YM