Hi @Vishal Shah, you also need, in Hive-->Configs:
webhcat.proxyuser.knox.groups=* webhcat.proxyuser.knox.hosts=* hive.server2.allow.user.substitution=true
Try knox.groups and hosts first with "*" and if it works reduce permissions to for example "users" and your KNOX host FQDN. Full manual here, scroll down to the Hive section.
We tried this as well. But issue still exist.
It is strange that using beeline with same jdbc connection string i am able to execute queries successfully.
But when running from an application it does not work.
I didn't understand that beeline was working via Knox already. A few questions then:
Thanks for the reply. I was away for a while couldn't follow up on the issue.
With the new cluster setup, we do not see this issue anymore. I believe issue was due to improper configuration.