Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

LIstenUDP Error failed to invoke @OnScheduled method due to java.lang.RuntimeException:

Expert Contributor

Hi All,

Thanks,

Configured a listenUDP processor, when starting it, gives the error message

"failed to invoke @OnScheduled method due to java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed while executing one of processor's OnScheduled task.; processor will not be scheduled to run for 30 seconds: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed while executing one of processor's OnScheduled task."

Even in the nifi-app.log

any help to debug this.

Thanks

Dhiren

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

@dhieru singh,

The error you shared is more generic one, it will be shown only when the processor is not able to run with the given configurations.

Can you once make sure all the configurations you have used in the processor are correct i.e port information etc.

Example:-

lets for example i have shared configs for ListHDFS processor below.

39861-error.png

This processor requires Hadoop Configurations Resources to run but they are not Mandatory properties.

if you won't mention hdfs-site.xml,core-site.xml in Hadoop Configurations Resources, this processor results same error as you shared above.

Like this way you need to figure out what are all the configurations you need to mention in ListenUDP processor as they are not Mandatory properties. Those missing properties will also results to same error as you are having now.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Guru

@dhieru singh,

The error you shared is more generic one, it will be shown only when the processor is not able to run with the given configurations.

Can you once make sure all the configurations you have used in the processor are correct i.e port information etc.

Example:-

lets for example i have shared configs for ListHDFS processor below.

39861-error.png

This processor requires Hadoop Configurations Resources to run but they are not Mandatory properties.

if you won't mention hdfs-site.xml,core-site.xml in Hadoop Configurations Resources, this processor results same error as you shared above.

Like this way you need to figure out what are all the configurations you need to mention in ListenUDP processor as they are not Mandatory properties. Those missing properties will also results to same error as you are having now.

Expert Contributor

Hi @Shu Thanks for the reply, Yes you are absouletly correct about the error message being a generic one complaining about the config issue. Here my udp port was already occupied by some other app. Chnaged the post number and worked like a charm

Thanks again appreciate it

Dhiren