Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

LLAP - Status Unknown ( HiveInteractive server not coming up)

Super Collaborator

llap-error.txtHello Team,

I have setup HDP 3.0 single node cluster with hive llap since few months backup. LLAP functionality is working fine. recently we have restarted the cluster and we are unable bring back to LLAP daemon online. we have checked RM ui and LLAP0 app is in running state. but still hiveserverinteractive process failing to start in ambari console. i have attached the log file below. please refer and help me to resolve the issue here ?

Thank you in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

we have found the issue with LLAP daemon port binding in LLAP app container logs. after killed the background llap java process we are able to start the hiveserverIntercative process sucessfully

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Collaborator

we have found the issue with LLAP daemon port binding in LLAP app container logs. after killed the background llap java process we are able to start the hiveserverIntercative process sucessfully

New Contributor

capture-decran-2019-02-12-a-185811.pngHi,

Could you explain further please? I have the same problem.

When I restart HiveServer2 Interactive via Ambari, the later starts a yarn application named llap0 and still running a moment before it fails.

When I check via CLI :

hive --service llapstatus --name llap0  

I get :

SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.                                                   
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/hdp/3.0.1.0-187/hive/lib/log4j-slf4j-impl-2.10.0.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]                                                                      
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/hdp/3.0.1.0-187/hadoop/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.25.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]                                                                        
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.                                                                                                    
SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.apache.logging.slf4j.Log4jLoggerFactory]                        
WARN conf.HiveConf: HiveConf of name hive.stats.fetch.partition.stats does not exist                  
WARN conf.HiveConf: HiveConf of name hive.heapsize does not exist                                                                                        
LLAPSTATUS                                                                                            
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------                      
LLAP status unknown. Awaiting app launch                                                              
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------                      
LLAP status unknown. Awaiting app launch                                                              
{                                                                                                     
  "state" : "APP_NOT_FOUND",                       
  "runningThresholdAchieved" : false                                                                  
}                           

But on the Yarn Applications dashboard, the llap0 is in Running state (see attached picture).

Thanks.