Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Lease Expired exception in mapper

Contributor

Hi,

Below exception is being thrown in mappers. I tried rerunning it multiple times.

Job was running properly yesterday.

org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.LeaseExpiredException): No lease on /tmp/profileBuilder-0034033-151204213910156-oozie-oozi-W/merged/profiles/part-r-03859 (inode 303670724): File does not exist. Holder DFSClient_attempt_1449261370834_97854_m_004634_1_-263433466_1 does not have any open files. at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.checkLease(FSNamesystem.java:3605) at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.analyzeFileState(FSNamesystem.java:3402) at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.getAdditionalBlock(FSNamesystem.java:3258) at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNodeRpcServer.addBlock(NameNodeRpcServer.java:668) at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.AuthorizationProviderProxyClientProtocol.addBlock(AuthorizationProviderProxyClientProtocol.java:212) at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.addBlock(ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.java:483) at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.proto.ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos$ClientNamenodeProtocol$2.callBlockingMethod(ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos.java) at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Server$ProtoBufRpcInvoker.call(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:619) at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Server.call(RPC.java:1060) at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:2044) at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:2040) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:415) at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1671) at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:2038) at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.call(Client.java:1468)

Any Idea?

Thanks

Shubham

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @shubham chhabra

I am guessing you are doing some move/delete/rename operation in you code which breaks the parallel flow as in one mapper is deleting the file still used by another mapper.

If I was debugging one quick way I would start is comment the lines performing move/delete/rename operation and rerun the code to prove that this is the case and then start editing.

I hope this will work. Keep us posted.

Thanks

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @shubham chhabra

I am guessing you are doing some move/delete/rename operation in you code which breaks the parallel flow as in one mapper is deleting the file still used by another mapper.

If I was debugging one quick way I would start is comment the lines performing move/delete/rename operation and rerun the code to prove that this is the case and then start editing.

I hope this will work. Keep us posted.

Thanks