Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Location of keytab files

Explorer

Hi,

I have enabled kerberos in my cloudera cluster using Cloudera Manager.

Kerberized cluster is running fine. But I'm unable to get the location of keytab files (eg. hdfs.keytab, yarn.keytab etc).

The keytab location property is also missing from the *-site.xml files.

Where can I get the location of those keytab files.

Regards,

Amit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

The keytabs are pushed from a database to a runtime location at startup of services, what you are describing as a configuration is not really viable from what I understand. You will see /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/ but this is ephemeral, next restart will have another locaiton. You could experiment with trying to provide the manual keytabs through safety valve to the necessary services.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Expert Contributor

keytab files are managed by cloudera manager . you can find them in /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process

New Contributor
export dirname=/var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/
sudo find $dirname -not -empty `-ls -l` | grep keytab

They will be in the process directory for the component. For example:

hive.keytab is in: 

/var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/*-hive_on_tez-HIVESERVER2

Master Collaborator

The keytabs are pushed from a database to a runtime location at startup of services, what you are describing as a configuration is not really viable from what I understand. You will see /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/ but this is ephemeral, next restart will have another locaiton. You could experiment with trying to provide the manual keytabs through safety valve to the necessary services.