Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Manual install for Ranger Repo Missing Error 404

Expert Contributor

I am following the manual installation guide for Ranger here (tried though Ambari already but am getting errors). The first step on "3.1 Install Ranger Policy Manager" asks to add the repository to yum but the command given in the installation guide does not work. I get an "Error 404: Not Found." I don't think I'm looking at an old guide. Any assistance would be much appreciated. I have been struggling to get Ranger installed for a couple weeks now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Mark Thorson,

I recommend that you start from docs.hortonworks.com and from their navigate to the docs of the version of HDP on which you are installing Ranger. So, in the link you sent you would end up here for version 2.2.4.2 but for the latest version 2.4.0 you would end up here. To get there just click on HDP at docs.hortonworks.com and then select the version of HDP that you are running. From the next page you can click on "Non-Ambari Cluster Installation Guide" to get to the manual steps to install Ranger for your version of HDP. It is very important that you are following the steps and therefore using the appropriate repos for your version of HDP.

Hope this helps, Brandon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Mark Thorson,

I recommend that you start from docs.hortonworks.com and from their navigate to the docs of the version of HDP on which you are installing Ranger. So, in the link you sent you would end up here for version 2.2.4.2 but for the latest version 2.4.0 you would end up here. To get there just click on HDP at docs.hortonworks.com and then select the version of HDP that you are running. From the next page you can click on "Non-Ambari Cluster Installation Guide" to get to the manual steps to install Ranger for your version of HDP. It is very important that you are following the steps and therefore using the appropriate repos for your version of HDP.

Hope this helps, Brandon

Expert Contributor

Thanks @Brandon Wilson I will navigate via the method you described going forward.