Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Manually creating data lineage in Apache Atlas on CDP

Contributor

I have two hive tables and I want to manually create a lineage relationship between them using the Atlas API.

I'm trying to run this POST request:

```

curl --location 'https://[url]/atlas/api/atlas/v2/entity' \
--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
--header 'Authorization: ••••••' \
--data-raw '{
"entity": {
"typeName": "hive_process",
"qualifiedName": "my_etl_process@cluster",
"name": "my_etl_process",
"description": "ETL process from input_table to output_table",
"attributes": {
"inputs": [
{
"guid": "9768381b-8783-49c3-850d-39bf1f14b73f"
}
],
"outputs": [
{
"guid": "998de7ba-2254-418d-b405-656eba428643"
}
]
}
}
}
'

```

I'm getting this 404 response:

```

{
"errorCode": "ATLAS-404-00-007",
"errorMessage": "Invalid instance creation/updation parameters passed : hive_process.qualifiedName: mandatory attribute value missing in type Referenceable"
}

``` 

Any suggestions for how to manually create lineage using the API would be appreciated.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Master Collaborator

Hi @ipson 

Thanks for bringing up the issue, The error message indicates that the qualifiedName attribute is missing or incorrectly specified for the hive_process type. In Apache Atlas, the qualifiedName is a mandatory attribute that uniquely identifies an entity within a cluster.

View solution in original post

Community Manager

@ipson Has the reply helped resolve your issue? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future. If you are still experiencing the issue, can you provide the information @Scharan has requested? Thanks.

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Collaborator

Hi @ipson 

Thanks for bringing up the issue, The error message indicates that the qualifiedName attribute is missing or incorrectly specified for the hive_process type. In Apache Atlas, the qualifiedName is a mandatory attribute that uniquely identifies an entity within a cluster.

Master Collaborator

@ipson Can you please confirm Atlas version

Community Manager

@ipson Has the reply helped resolve your issue? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future. If you are still experiencing the issue, can you provide the information @Scharan has requested? Thanks.

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: