Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

MergeContent processor is not executed when Scheduling Strategy is set to Cron Driven.

New Contributor

I was able to replicate my problem using the following configuration:

FlowFlow

The MergeContent configuration is as follows

MergeContent PropertiesMergeContent PropertiesMergeContent SchedulingMergeContent Scheduling

Although the conditions of the MergeContent processor are met, it does not concatenate the incoming flowfiles.

The last version in which the above flow worked was version 1.15.3.

Any suggestions on how to solve this? Is this a bug?

P.S.: The flow is so designed due to a dependency on only writing one file per day.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

Not sure if this is a bug or what. I have tried the same flow with version 1.16 and got the same behavior. As an alternative I would suggest to use ControlRate Processor where you can set the properties as follows:

Rate Control Criteria: flowfile count

Maximum Rate : Set to the maximum value that you can have in the queue before nifi applies back pressure. Default value for one node is 10K.

Time Duration: 24 hours.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

Not sure if this is a bug or what. I have tried the same flow with version 1.16 and got the same behavior. As an alternative I would suggest to use ControlRate Processor where you can set the properties as follows:

Rate Control Criteria: flowfile count

Maximum Rate : Set to the maximum value that you can have in the queue before nifi applies back pressure. Default value for one node is 10K.

Time Duration: 24 hours.

Hope that helps.

New Contributor

Hello SAMSAL,

Thank you for your reply. I had a chance to try your solution and it worked as a workaround.

Hopefully it can come back to work in next releases my scenario.

Best regards...