Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Metron Enrichment fail to start with Ambari installed cluster

Master Collaborator

installed Metron cluster with Ambari following the tutorial from

https://community.hortonworks.com/content/kbentry/60805/deploying-a-fresh-metron-cluster-using-ambar...

Installation went very smoothly, but when starting services, Metron components won't start. All other components started successfully. Looking at the error log, failure is with following script

/usr/metron/0.3.0/bin/start_enrichment_topology.sh -s enrichment -z zk1:2181,zk2:2181,zk3:2181 

Error message is related to storm

+-         Apache Storm        -+
+-  data FLow User eXperience  -+
Version: 1.0.1
Parsing file: /usr/metron/0.3.0/flux/enrichment/remote.yaml
20:18:44.691 [main] INFO  o.a.s.f.p.FluxParser - loading YAML from input stream...
20:18:44.702 [main] INFO  o.a.s.f.p.FluxParser - Performing property substitution.
20:18:44.716 [main] INFO  o.a.s.f.p.FluxParser - Not performing environment variable substitution.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/storm/Config
 at org.apache.storm.flux.FluxBuilder.buildConfig(FluxBuilder.java:45)
 at org.apache.storm.flux.Flux.runCli(Flux.java:151)
 at org.apache.storm.flux.Flux.main(Flux.java:98)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.storm.Config
 at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
 at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)
 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
 ... 3 more

Google the error message says it is related to pom storm scope, but I have no idea where it was defined in Metron.

Storm supervisor and other related components are installed on the same node as metron components as mentioned in the tutorial.

9816-screen-shot-2016-11-28-at-32507-pm.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

Metron 0.3.0 is built to run against HDP 2.5. There are major differences between 2.5 and 2.4 in terms of Storm versions, this is likely what's causing your problem.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Super Guru
@Qi Wang

You did not installed Storm when you installed HDP. You need to add Storm service also. Then restart Metron.

Master Collaborator

Storm is installed, look at the screenshot

Guru

Metron 0.3.0 is built to run against HDP 2.5. There are major differences between 2.5 and 2.4 in terms of Storm versions, this is likely what's causing your problem.

Master Collaborator

@Simon Elliston Ball

I will reinstall with HDP 2.5 stack. The tutorial specifically mentioned HDP 2.4 and looks like it is outdated.

Guru

Thanks for the tip, I've updated the tutorial article.

Master Collaborator

@Simon Elliston Ball

Confirmed that with HDP 2.5 stack, everything works fine. The tutorial do need to get update to reflect metron 0.3.0 dependency.

And with my metron cluster spinning empty now, is there any resource available that I could use to learn how to use it?

New Contributor

I also am having issues with Metron Enrichment starting do I have to configure something special. where do i go to see the error  I am running HDP2.6  and my storm is on a separate node than Metron   Any help would truly be appreciated

Thanks

Hi @DLEdwards,

As this thread is older and was marked 'Solved' in 2016 you would have a better chance of receiving a resolution by starting a new thread. This will also provide the opportunity for you to provide details specific to your version of HDP, Storm and Metron that could aid others in providing a more accurate answer to your question. 

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.