Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Metron Enrichment is not starting

Explorer

Hey !

I had this issue with Apache metron Enrichment can't find enrichment_list table in HBase. Below is the full exception from Ambari:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/METRON/0.7.2/package/scripts/enrichment_master.py", line 118, in <module>
    Enrichment().execute()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 314, in execute
    method(env)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/METRON/0.7.2/package/scripts/enrichment_master.py", line 73, in start
    commands.load_enrichment_coprocessor()
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/METRON/0.7.2/package/scripts/enrichment_commands.py", line 235, in load_enrichment_coprocessor
    Execute(command, user=self.__params.metron_user, tries=1, logoutput=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/base.py", line 155, in __init__
    self.env.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 160, in run
    self.run_action(resource, action)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 124, in run_action
    provider_action()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/providers/system.py", line 262, in action_run
    tries=self.resource.tries, try_sleep=self.resource.try_sleep)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 72, in inner
    result = function(command, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 102, in checked_call
    tries=tries, try_sleep=try_sleep, timeout_kill_strategy=timeout_kill_strategy)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 150, in _call_wrapper
    result = _call(command, **kwargs_copy)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 303, in _call
    raise ExecutionFailed(err_msg, code, out, err)
resource_management.core.exceptions.ExecutionFailed: Execution of 'echo "disable 'enrichment'" | hbase shell -n' returned 1. ERROR ArgumentError: Table enrichment does not exist.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

I solved it ^^  the answer was right there in-front of me, just needed to apply the below commands in HBase 

>hbase shell

hbase> create 'enrichment_list', 't'

hbase>create 'enrichment','t'

and then verify it by applying list command in hbase shell. Afterwords, restart the metron enrichment on Ambari server 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Explorer

I solved it ^^  the answer was right there in-front of me, just needed to apply the below commands in HBase 

>hbase shell

hbase> create 'enrichment_list', 't'

hbase>create 'enrichment','t'

and then verify it by applying list command in hbase shell. Afterwords, restart the metron enrichment on Ambari server 

Community Manager

Congratulations on solving your issue and thank you for marking the solution for others who may face something similar. 

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.