Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Migration from on-prem CDH to CDP cloud

Explorer

Hi,

Is migration of existing on-prem CDH clusters to CDP cloud supported?

If yes, can anyone direct me to the documentation related to this that might be helpful.

If not supported as of now, when can we expect this to be available?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hi @pky 

Yes, the migration of existing workloads on a CDH cluster to a CDP in the public cloud is supported. 

You can use the Cloudera Replication Manager to help you move data and metadata from CDH to CDP public cloud:

"Replication Manager is a service for copying and migrating data between environments within the enterprise data cloud. It is a simple, easy-to-use, and feature-rich data movement capability to move existing data and metadata to the cloud to fuel new workloads."

If you only want to move specific workloads from your on-premises CDH cluster to CDP public cloud you can use Cloudera Workload Manager to analyze those on-premises workloads and then build a replication policy to migrate to the cloud.

To help you define a migration strategy from CDH to CDP my advice would be to reach out to your Cloudera account team. One of our Solution Engineers would be happy to give you some guidance on this topic.

Regards,

Steve

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Collaborator

Hi @pky 

Yes, the migration of existing workloads on a CDH cluster to a CDP in the public cloud is supported. 

You can use the Cloudera Replication Manager to help you move data and metadata from CDH to CDP public cloud:

"Replication Manager is a service for copying and migrating data between environments within the enterprise data cloud. It is a simple, easy-to-use, and feature-rich data movement capability to move existing data and metadata to the cloud to fuel new workloads."

If you only want to move specific workloads from your on-premises CDH cluster to CDP public cloud you can use Cloudera Workload Manager to analyze those on-premises workloads and then build a replication policy to migrate to the cloud.

To help you define a migration strategy from CDH to CDP my advice would be to reach out to your Cloudera account team. One of our Solution Engineers would be happy to give you some guidance on this topic.

Regards,

Steve

Explorer

Thanks for your Response.

I will have a look into this.