Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Move File from One local folder to another and then move to HDFS

Contributor

Hi,

I have a scenario where I have to move the file from local folder1 to local folder2 and then move that file from local (folder2) to HDFS.

I proposed the following flow:

GetFile -> PutFile - > Get File > PutHDFS

The problem is that I am unable to connect the Putfile with GetFile its not allowing me to drag the relationship.

Actually, what I want is, once the file is moved from local folder1 to local folder2 then I will be moving it to HDFS.

4 REPLIES 4

Rising Star

Hi,

yes, this works as intended. GetFile is a Flow-starting processor, you can not connect to it from other processors - think about it like a process instance trigger.

Please use the FetchFile Processor:

GetFile -> PutFile - > Fetch File > PutHDFS

Hope that helps.

Contributor

@Peter Greiff

Thanks for your answer and its working. But I have one concern here, in fetch file I have to mention the file name along with absolute path. Lets say, in future I want to process the some other file with different name but the location so, I wont be able to use this data flow. Is there any way around to make it somehow generic such that a fetch file can process any file on given path? And I dont have to change the filename explicitly in fetch file configuration.

Rising Star

Actually you do not need to assign the values fix. You can pass the file-name and path dynamically to the next processors.

Please check out the documentation at https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/developer-guide.html#flowfile

For example, ${filename} will return the value of the “filename” attribute.

Other values in this context are:

• Filename ("filename"): The filename of the FlowFile. The filename should not contain any directory structure.
  • UUID ("uuid"): A unique universally unique identifier (UUID) assigned to this FlowFile.
  • Path ("path"): The FlowFile’s path indicates the relative directory to which a FlowFile belongs and does not contain the filename.
  • Absolute Path ("absolute.path"): The FlowFile’s absolute path indicates the absolute directory to which a FlowFile belongs and does not contain the filename.

New Contributor

ExecuteStreamCommand processor can be event driven. Use this to run a shell script which moves the file into the folder when getfile is monitoring.

109795-1562353150747.png