Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Multi-home cluster installation doc

Rising Star

Hi,

I want to install an HDP cluster with Ambari on a multi-homed infrastructure (each node has two IPs). I tried to look in the documentation of Hortonworks but I couldn't find anything on this scenario. Is there a detailed documentation on how to install HDP on multi-homed cluster? Is there anything special to do or Ambari is able to automate this part?

I already saw these links but I am looking for an official HWX documentation :

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

Hi @Tim David, we don't currently cover multihoming in the HWX documentation, but we are planning on adding that information. At this point I think those two links are the best source of information on multihoming. There's also a blog post on multihoming: http://hortonworks.com/blog/multihoming-on-hadoop-yarn-clusters/. I don't think Ambari currently offers any automatic configuration for multihoming.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Contributor

Hi @Tim David, we don't currently cover multihoming in the HWX documentation, but we are planning on adding that information. At this point I think those two links are the best source of information on multihoming. There's also a blog post on multihoming: http://hortonworks.com/blog/multihoming-on-hadoop-yarn-clusters/. I don't think Ambari currently offers any automatic configuration for multihoming.

New Contributor

This post comes late but for information, we have a cluster in production for the last 3 years with Kerberos enabled (before multi-homing support in Hadoop). We defined one logical network on top of 2 physical networks. We kept the public network (2x1G accessible through the company) to configure all the nodes and route all the internal traffic (based on IP addresses or subnet mask if possible) to the interface of the private network (2x10G internal trafic accross 3 racks)