Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Multiple clusters on Ambari

Rising Star

Hi,

Can Ambari be used to create and manage two different clusters, probably with different hardware profiles, configurations etc? In some of the earlier posts, its mentioned as a future scope, but not sure if it is implemented in the recent 2.x releases?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ambari is not currently able to manage multiple clusters. That being said, you can manage different hardware profiles within a single cluster using Ambari and config groups:

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.2.1.1/bk_Ambari_Users_Guide/content/_using_host_co...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Ambari is not currently able to manage multiple clusters. That being said, you can manage different hardware profiles within a single cluster using Ambari and config groups:

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.2.1.1/bk_Ambari_Users_Guide/content/_using_host_co...

Rising Star

Thanks @Brandon Wilson for the quick response. I am aware of the different hardware profiles within a cluster. However, I was wondering about managing multiple clusters through a single Ambari deployment.

Contributor

Managing multiple clusters with a single Ambari is on our roadmap. It is not currently possible. This is a very large change to Ambari, so shorter term, critically important enhancements keep pushing this out. We are trying to get to this feature for an end of the year release, but the planning for that has not been done.

Rising Star

Thanks @David Schorow for your response. Personally, I feel this will be a great feature to have in Ambari and helps DevOps teams in managing things much better. Hope it makes the scope sooner than later.

Regards

Contributor

Is the Feature implemented in the actual Version of Ambari? I am very interested in this Use Case. Best Regards

Contributor

@David Schorow , do you know if this feature has been finally implemented?

@Alex Goron

This feature has not been fully implemented and Ambari.

Master Mentor

@Robert Levas @Alex Goron

How about the functionality of managing remote cluster? Personally I haven't implemented that but you can register and manage a remote cluster!