Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

NIFI GetSNMP processor configuration

Explorer

Hi,

I'd like to configure a GetSNMP processor (but I don't know about snmp). But even if I read the doc, it's not easy to fill in the mandatory fields :

The first field is the OID. How to get it ? Same for the SNMP version, for SNMP Security Level (SNMP Security name / user name?), SNMP Authentication Protocol (SNMP Authentication pass phrase??) and SNMP Private Protocol

Can anyone supply me a sample ? (or how to fill in the fields)

Thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@David Cuny,

All the information you are looking for should be provided by the person in charge of setting the SNMP agent you are requesting. It depends of how is configured the SNMP agent on the device you are requesting. The OID is the "address" of the information you want to retrieve. Let's say you want to get the current CPU use of the device you want to monitor, then you have to know the OID of this information (usually it is provided with the device in a MIB). Some of widely used OIDs can be found on this blog for example:

http://www.debianadmin.com/linux-snmp-oids-for-cpumemory-and-disk-statistics.html

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@David Cuny,

All the information you are looking for should be provided by the person in charge of setting the SNMP agent you are requesting. It depends of how is configured the SNMP agent on the device you are requesting. The OID is the "address" of the information you want to retrieve. Let's say you want to get the current CPU use of the device you want to monitor, then you have to know the OID of this information (usually it is provided with the device in a MIB). Some of widely used OIDs can be found on this blog for example:

http://www.debianadmin.com/linux-snmp-oids-for-cpumemory-and-disk-statistics.html

Hope this helps.