Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

NIFI Gettwitter HTTP_ERROR: HTTP/1.1 401 authorization Requiered. will attempt to reconnect. ?

I correctly configured the processor in NIFI with the consumer secrte, token ..... etc. from tiwtter apps that i've created.. and i'm connected to internet, Firewalls are down but i always have the error HTTP_ERROR: HTTP/1.1 401 authorization Requiered. will attempt to reconnect.

and i cant strem any data from twitter. Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

1832-untitled.png

did you create a Twitter application as the guidelines of Twitter api request? You also need Access Token and Access Secret. link @Malek Ben Salem

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

If you are using the sandbox on virtualbox, you'll need to add the Nifi port for port forwarding. 2016-02-05-11-52-14.png

Nifi Port is already forwarded

@Malek Ben Salem was this resolved? If so, please either accept an answer or post the solution. Thanks!

Contributor

@Scott Shaw, while this appears it may have been resolved for some in this discussion, I have regenerated my keys, tokens, secrets multiple times and cannot get past this error. I'm working in an HDP 2.3 Sandbox, trying to complete the Single View Demo lab. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. You can observe my attempts in this short video.

I'm happy to provide logs, or perform any other small tests as directed.

Thanks.

- brian

Master Mentor

Hi neeaj

Thank you for the link, it's the material that i use.

Master Mentor

@Akthar Abdulbari

com.twitter.hbc.httpclient.ClientBase GetTwitter[id=ba6e756b-3f65-4fce-b551-8b2e7cef9864] Error connecting w/ status code - 401, reason - Authorization Required 2016-02-19 17:55:35,983 ERROR [Timer-Driven Process Thread-2] o.a.nifi.processors.twitter.GetTwitter GetTwitter[id=ba6e756b-3f65-4fce-b551-8b2e7cef9864] Received error HTTP_ERROR: HTTP/1.1 401 Authorization Required. Will attempt to reconnect

Follow the above article

Thank you very much

It worked, i think the problem was my twitter app, i regenerate the keys and token and reconfigured the Processor "GetTwitter" and now it's working.

Thank you all

Master Mentor

@Malek Ben Salem nice !

Glad it worked out.

Search function is really good in HCC

Contributor

@Neeraj Sabharwal, I did follow the article above, and still got the same error.

2244-81j2t.png

Only change is I am using JAVA_HOME as export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk.x86_64/jre as to in the article it was export JAVA_HOME=/usr/jdk64/jdk1.8.0_60/jre/

anything else I am missing, please let me know.