Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

NIFI Gettwitter HTTP_ERROR: HTTP/1.1 401 authorization Requiered. will attempt to reconnect. ?

I correctly configured the processor in NIFI with the consumer secrte, token ..... etc. from tiwtter apps that i've created.. and i'm connected to internet, Firewalls are down but i always have the error HTTP_ERROR: HTTP/1.1 401 authorization Requiered. will attempt to reconnect.

and i cant strem any data from twitter. Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

1832-untitled.png

did you create a Twitter application as the guidelines of Twitter api request? You also need Access Token and Access Secret. link @Malek Ben Salem

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Master Mentor

1832-untitled.png

did you create a Twitter application as the guidelines of Twitter api request? You also need Access Token and Access Secret. link @Malek Ben Salem

Master Mentor

I reproduced the error and confirm my suspiscion, it has nothing to do with networking and everything to do with setting proper Twitter credentials. @Malek Ben Salem the only one thing I did was pick for property Twitter Endpoint called Firehose Endpoint and then you enter valid properties from the table above

1862-401.png

Contributor

Hi, I am having the same problem, and I tried regenerating the keys and token also deleting the Twitter App and re-creating it. Still getting same error. HTTP_ERROR: HTTP/1.1 401 authorization Required. will attempt to reconnect. ? After few attempts the processor stops running by final error as "STOPPED BY ERRORL Retries exhausted due to null. Will not attempt to reconnect"

Please helps

Master Mentor

@Akthar Abdulbari you need to copy and paste the four properties from the twitter app exactly, making sure you dont have any empty spaces or funny characters.

Contributor

Thanks @Artem Ervits, for the quick reach. I did tried coping pasting several times, making sure I dint miss out on anything. I even tried coping it to Notepad and then coping it back to Nifi. Still no luck.

Contributor

Here is the log that I got from nifi-app.log 2016-02-19 17:54:54,015 WARN [hosebird-client-io-thread-0] com.twitter.hbc.httpclient.ClientBase GetTwitter[id=ba6e756b-3f65-4fce-b551-8b2e7cef9864] Error connecting w/ status code - 401, reason - Authorization Required 2016-02-19 17:55:35,983 ERROR [Timer-Driven Process Thread-2] o.a.nifi.processors.twitter.GetTwitter GetTwitter[id=ba6e756b-3f65-4fce-b551-8b2e7cef9864] Received error HTTP_ERROR: HTTP/1.1 401 Authorization Required. Will attempt to reconnect

2016-02-19 17:55:36,225 INFO [NiFi Web Server-62] o.a.n.c.s.TimerDrivenSchedulingAgent Stopped scheduling GetTwitter[id=ba6e756b-3f65-4fce-b551-8b2e7cef9864] to run 2016-02-19 17:55:36,230 INFO [pool-26-thread-2] com.twitter.hbc.httpclient.ClientBase GetTwitter[id=ba6e756b-3f65-4fce-b551-8b2e7cef9864] exit event - Stopped by user: waiting for 5000 ms 2016-02-19 17:55:36,735 INFO [Flow Service Tasks Thread-2] o.a.nifi.controller.StandardFlowService Saved flow controller org.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController@11fcf772 // Another save pending = fals

Master Mentor

@Akthar Abdulbari regenerate your keys in your twitter app like the other person did

Contributor

@Akthar Abdulbari, did you manage to get past this issue? I'm having the same problem and regenerating the keys does not solve it. I've posted a reply above with a link to my experience.

Contributor

@Mustafa El-badry's reply about updating the clock in the sandbox solved my problem. Thanks.