Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

NIFI- I'm getting issue like " authentication details were not provided "

Explorer

Hi Team,

I have the below flow to get the ticket details .getting 400 error and I have provided valid credentials also. Please suggest.

Note:API's working fine in postman.

Gogineni_0-1656583322657.png

Evaluation JSON path process contains access token

Gogineni_1-1656583419469.png

Update attribute processor contains the authorization

Gogineni_2-1656583492456.png

Invoke http processor contains url for ticket details.

Gogineni_3-1656583550505.pngGogineni_4-1656583588088.png

Here I'm getting issue in  invoke http processor

Gogineni_5-1656584163486.png

Gogineni_6-1656584387034.png

5 REPLIES 5

Explorer

Hi Team,

I am also facing same issue,Please provide the soluntion.

Super Mentor

@Gogineni 
The dynamic property you added to the invokeHTTP processor is not using valid NiFi Expression Language (NEL).  The name of your custom property "Authorization" is the header name and the evaluated NEL becomes the value to that header.

What you have is:

$.Authorization

However, the valid NEL to use to return the value from the NiFi FlowFile Attribute "Authorization" created by the earlier UpdateAttribute processor would be:

${Authorization}

If you found this response assisted with your query, please take a moment to login and click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.

Thank you,

Matt

Explorer

Hi ,

I have tried the  property which you suggested getting below error.

Gogineni_0-1656592945800.png

Super Mentor

@Gogineni 
Good to see that you are now getting a 401 instead of a 400.
So this becomes more of an issue with what you endpoint rest-api expects in the get method.
I am not sure what is in the content of you flowfile, but are you sure you want to send this in your GET method at this point in your dataflow?  I am sure it was used earlier to fetch your access token, but probably not needed now.  So try changing "Send Message Body" to "false".  Also not sure how long the token you obtained is valid.

Have you tried performing the same request via curl from command line?

If you found this response assisted with your query, please take a moment to login and click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.

Thank you,

Matt

New Contributor

@Gogineni  had you solved this problem? if yes, would you like to share us. thanks!