Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

NIFI ListSFTP connection problem

Contributor

Hi, all!

I have a problem with NIFI ListSFTP processor.

I use Port=2222 to connect and

2017-03-17 13:19:47,514 ERROR [Timer-Driven Process Thread-18] o.a.nifi.processors.standard.ListSFTP ListSFTP[id=63523a73-61d4-1abc-9100-b48453b105a8] Failed to perform listing on remote host due to java.io.IOException: Failed to obtain connection to remote host due to com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Algorithm negotiation fail 2017-03-17 13:19:47,515 ERROR [Timer-Driven Process Thread-18] o.a.nifi.processors.standard.ListSFTP

13706-listsftp.jpg

If we use standart (22) sftp port (with another host) - all works...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Oleksandr Solomko,

Could you try to install unlimited JCE policy files in your Java directory on the NiFi nodes? I believe the server you are trying to access only accepts some specific algorithms that JSCH client won't be able to use unless you install the required files.

Another option would be to allow weaker algorithms on the SFTP server side if that's something you want/can. But that is not something I'd recommend.

Let me know if this helps.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Could you provide the full stack trace from the NiFi log file?

Contributor

Hi @Oleksandr Solomko,

Could you try to install unlimited JCE policy files in your Java directory on the NiFi nodes? I believe the server you are trying to access only accepts some specific algorithms that JSCH client won't be able to use unless you install the required files.

Another option would be to allow weaker algorithms on the SFTP server side if that's something you want/can. But that is not something I'd recommend.

Let me know if this helps.

Contributor

Do You mean

[root@ks-dmp27 nifi]# ls /usr/jdk64/jdk1.8.0_77/jre/lib/security blacklist blacklisted.certs cacerts java.policy java.security javaws.policy local_policy.jar trusted.libraries US_export_policy.jar

Yes. You have the files installed when installing Java, but that's the default policies, not the unlimited ones. You need to download the files from the Oracle website and overwrite the files in this folder.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jce8-download-2133166.html

Contributor

Thank You! It works)