Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

NIFI and Elasticsearch

Explorer

Hello, 

I'm trying to pull data from twitter and push it to elasticsearch using nifi. I managed to download and run both of them.

Do I need to have the Hortons sandbox installed too? Are there any software or packages I need to have them too?

I will really appreciate if anyone has tutorials or links on how to do it on ubuntu.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

@KUnew Sounds like you have nifi and Elasticsearch installed.  For a Proof Of Concept the single node simple installs should work fine.  There are no further requirements.  A Cloudera or Hortonworks cluster is not required.  However, if you intend to have multiple instances of Nifi and one or more Elasticsearch Master and Data nodes I would highly recommend using Hortonworks HDF with Ambari to manage the NiFi and Elasticsearch installation & configuration.  

I have created the Elk Management Pack for HDF 3.x which allows install of 6.3.2 or 7.4.2 Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Filebeat, & Metricbeat.  You can find it on my GitHub:

https://github.com/steven-dfheinz/dfhz_elk_mpack

I also have some articles here specifically about how to install the Elk Management Pack.  Just search up elasticsearch here in the community Articles section.   It is very easy to install ambari, the management pack, and further install NiFi and ELK.

If this reply answers your question,  please mark it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Super Guru

@KUnew Sounds like you have nifi and Elasticsearch installed.  For a Proof Of Concept the single node simple installs should work fine.  There are no further requirements.  A Cloudera or Hortonworks cluster is not required.  However, if you intend to have multiple instances of Nifi and one or more Elasticsearch Master and Data nodes I would highly recommend using Hortonworks HDF with Ambari to manage the NiFi and Elasticsearch installation & configuration.  

I have created the Elk Management Pack for HDF 3.x which allows install of 6.3.2 or 7.4.2 Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Filebeat, & Metricbeat.  You can find it on my GitHub:

https://github.com/steven-dfheinz/dfhz_elk_mpack

I also have some articles here specifically about how to install the Elk Management Pack.  Just search up elasticsearch here in the community Articles section.   It is very easy to install ambari, the management pack, and further install NiFi and ELK.

If this reply answers your question,  please mark it as a Solution.