Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

NameNode Heap Usage (Daily) Alert

Last night I loaded some heavy amount of data to my hbase cluster . When I started my cluster today morning, it started throwing the above alert.

I tried to increase: namenode_opt_newsize, namenode_opt_maxnewsize, hbase_master_heapsize, hbase_master_xmn_size, metrics_collector_heapsize in AMS, but no luck.

Even I tried to 'expunge' the trash in namenode as well, but the alert still persists.

How can I get rid of this alert?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@rudra prasad biswas

Increasing or decreasing the heap for those components will not help here. As NameNode Heap Usage (Daily) Alert is a watcher alert.

It watches growth rates of HDFS (in a days time) and if the threshold defined in the alert is reached then it triggers the warning/critical alert message. You should be able to edit the parameters values for this alert in

Ambari from Alerts (Tab) --> search for filter text 'NameNode Heap Usage' on the the 'Alert Definition Name' box.

Edit the alert threshold here.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@rudra prasad biswas

Increasing or decreasing the heap for those components will not help here. As NameNode Heap Usage (Daily) Alert is a watcher alert.

It watches growth rates of HDFS (in a days time) and if the threshold defined in the alert is reached then it triggers the warning/critical alert message. You should be able to edit the parameters values for this alert in

Ambari from Alerts (Tab) --> search for filter text 'NameNode Heap Usage' on the the 'Alert Definition Name' box.

Edit the alert threshold here.

View solution in original post

The definition of the alert says "This service-level alert is triggered if the NameNode heap usage deviation has grown beyond the specified threshold within a day period." Initially I had configured "Growth Rate" 50% (CRIT) and 20% (WARN). Now I increased the CRIT value to 60%. Is that the right way to resolve it or I need to try somewhere else?

Expert Contributor

That is the correct place to change.

New Contributor

大佬,我也遇到了这个问题,请问这个告警怎么消除呢?