Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

NiFi 1.10.0 Repository and Management Pack

Super Guru

I recently found NiFi 1.10.0 was released:

https://nifi.apache.org/download.html

Does anyone have an ETA on a public repo and management pack?

I started on a management pack to get 1.10.0, but after I get into the HDP/HDF stack it's still using public repos reporting only 1.9.x.   I am going to start working on my own repos, but wanted to see if anyone was already working on the next public repo and mpack?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Mentor

@stevenmatison 

NiFi that comes with HDF is never exactly the same as the Apache NiFi version.  It is simply based off an Apache NiFi release with some modifications and in many cases additional fixes not part of the Apache release.

There is currently no plan for an HDF release based off Apache NiFi 1.10.0.  That may change.

The current to plan is for Apache NiFi 1.10 to show up in the Cloudera Data Platform - Data Cloud (CDP-DC) release.

Thank you,

Matt

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Super Mentor

@stevenmatison 

NiFi that comes with HDF is never exactly the same as the Apache NiFi version.  It is simply based off an Apache NiFi release with some modifications and in many cases additional fixes not part of the Apache release.

There is currently no plan for an HDF release based off Apache NiFi 1.10.0.  That may change.

The current to plan is for Apache NiFi 1.10 to show up in the Cloudera Data Platform - Data Cloud (CDP-DC) release.

Thank you,

Matt

Explorer

Any updates on this Matt? We've switched to Java 11 and would like to use CDF/CFM with NiFi 1.10.0!

Super Mentor

@Cl0ck 

There will be a HDF 3.5 release coming that is based off Apache NiFi 1.11.

The next CFM release will be CFM 2.0, will be based off Apache NiFi 1.11 and will be targeted for CDP.

Thanks,

Matt

Super Guru

@MattWho best news I heard all day....  after I just finished my POC with new parquet reader/writer 1.10 in 1.9 nifi...   was able to get 1.3 billion rows out of a single parquet file on a very small azure cluster!!

@MattWho

Is HDF 3.5 already released? If not, do you know when it is planned to be released? I saw page with release notes, but repository locations are still not updated. https://docs.cloudera.com/HDPDocuments/HDF3/HDF-3.5.0/release-notes/content/hdf_repository_locations...