Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

(NiFi) Cannot replicate request to Node nifi.domain.net:8443 because the node is not connected

Explorer

CFM 1.0.1

Could someone please explain to me why, after reconfiguring to disable SSL, when I try to access the webUI it still is attempting to connect on port 8443? Is this a zookeeper issue? How can I fix this?

I had another cluster previously that start out as SSL disabled, but after configuring it to have a cert via nifi toolkit CA, and getting it WORKING with LDAP auth, it would try to request things from port 8080 http, then after vote resolved it will kill the NiFi node.

So here I am now. Was unable to get SSL verified while following the 5 year old guide courtesy of @MattWho (you are awesome, i really appreciate all the info you've shared) I followed that guide to a T but the server reporting the cert was not verified.

Now I'm trying to just connect to the nifi node via HTTP, so i disabled all related SSL things in the config, yet:

Cannot replicate request to Node nifi.domain.net:8443 because the node is not connected

It still tries to connect to port 8443. Can someone tell me why it's trying to connect to the old port? Is this a zookeeper issue? If i could resolve this then I feel i could resolve all my other issues. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

Same error, different port (8080): 

the problem was fixed by deleting the /var/lib/nifi/state directory (you need to stop all Nifi instances first).  

You can have this problem everytime you switch from TLS to non-secure and viceversa.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Expert Contributor

Hi there is a state directory you should clear.

Not sure exactly where it is on CM but it typically lives under $NIFI_HOMME/conf/state ( stop the NIFI's )

This is assuming you do not care about local state that processors might be using.

If you do then follow this:

Can address it by going to $NIFI_HOME/state/local/partition-0.  Make sure NiFi is stopped. Rename whatever .journal file is there to .journal.bak (e.g., mv 158.journal 158.journal.bak). Then copy this file to /tmp and in the partition-0 directory use cat 158.journal.bak /tmp/append-to-state > 158.journal Start NiFi

Explorer

Same error, different port (8080): 

the problem was fixed by deleting the /var/lib/nifi/state directory (you need to stop all Nifi instances first).  

You can have this problem everytime you switch from TLS to non-secure and viceversa.