Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

NiFi ConvertExcelToCSVProcessor dropping flow attributes

Explorer

I'm using the ConvertExcelToCSVProcessor (1.5.0.3.1.0.0-564) to do what it's name describes, but it appears that my flow attributes are being dropped in the output flow. The processor correctly writes new attributes such as sheetname and numrows, but drops the existing attributes that I added earlier in the flow.

Is this universal behaviour (i.e. not just my config/data), and if so is it expected? I can provide more details if it's not happening for other folks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

@Daniel Bates

Yep,I'm able to reproduce the same scenario in NiFi-1.5 but not in NiFi-1.6.
In NiFi-1.6 attributes are not dropping after ConvertExcelToCSV processor.

As you can upgrade the NiFi version to 1.6 (or) contact support team to get a patch (or) As a workaround to fix this issue in NiFi-1.5 please refer to this link and implement the same logic to store all the attributes in DistributedCache and Fetch them from DistributedMapCache after ConvertExcelToCsv processor.

-

Click on Accept button below to accept the answer, if the answer helped to resolve your issue..!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Guru

@Daniel Bates

Yep,I'm able to reproduce the same scenario in NiFi-1.5 but not in NiFi-1.6.
In NiFi-1.6 attributes are not dropping after ConvertExcelToCSV processor.

As you can upgrade the NiFi version to 1.6 (or) contact support team to get a patch (or) As a workaround to fix this issue in NiFi-1.5 please refer to this link and implement the same logic to store all the attributes in DistributedCache and Fetch them from DistributedMapCache after ConvertExcelToCsv processor.

-

Click on Accept button below to accept the answer, if the answer helped to resolve your issue..!!

Explorer

Thanks @Shu - upgrading to 1.6 is not an option right now so I'm implemented the DistributedMapCache workaround you linked. Edit: Seems I'd misunderstood how the PutDistributedMapCache processor works. It appears to place the flow content into the cache, but in my case the content is the spreadsheet I'm trying to convert, so replacing that with the flow attributes so I can cache them results in losing the spreadsheet in the process. The example you linked doesn't hydrate the flow content with "real" data until after the caching has taken place, so that works fine.

Explorer

I ended up compiling the source code for the 1.6 processor and deploying that, it seems to play nicely with the 1.5 NiFi framework.