Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

NiFi - Delete Hbase Row

Super Collaborator

Hi All,

What is the way to delete a row from HBase table (given some rowkey) using NiFi? We are using PutHbaseCell or PutHbaseJSON for inserts and updates, but couldn't find anything (except of just "execute script", which is pretty expensive) for "delete"s.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

I don't think there is any other way, besides ExecuteScript or ExecuteStreamCommand (both of which require the HBase client libraries / programs, the former of which is already in the HBase NAR). I have added NIFI-3538 to track the addition of DeleteHBase processor(s).

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Master Guru

I don't think there is any other way, besides ExecuteScript or ExecuteStreamCommand (both of which require the HBase client libraries / programs, the former of which is already in the HBase NAR). I have added NIFI-3538 to track the addition of DeleteHBase processor(s).

Super Collaborator

+1 for JIRA reference! Thanks! 🙂

Rising Star

Can you kindly let me know how can i 'merge' this pull request to our current instance so that we can access the processor?

Rising Star

Hi, The Jira has been marked as "Patch available". Can you kindly let me know how can we 'install' or upgrade our instance of Nifi so that we can access this processor?

Master Guru

If you have Hortonworks support contact them. Otherwise, download the code, built it via maven, then grab the HBase Delete NAR and copy to your Apache NiFi server lib directory (for each Apache NiFi server instance). This is not for people who haven't done some Apache NiFi development.

Rising Star

Thanks, I was able to build the code and get the nar files.

New Contributor

Can this patch be applied to Nifi  Version 1.5.0.3.1.1.0-35?  

New Contributor

Can this patch be applied to  Version 1.5.0.3.1.1.0-35?  

Rising Star

If I can ask, why are you deleting? If you want to go through nifi, it sounds like an automated process. If it's a data retention issue, I think Hbase has a way to prune on timer. The TTL setting.