Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

NiFi Error DecryptContent using PGP Encryption.

Super Collaborator

Hi,

We downloaded a file from our vendors AWS S3 which is PGP encrypted and i am trying to Decrypt it using EncryptContent processor. I set the Private Key and Passphase provided by them. But the processor shows a warning on the top left with Private Keyring file is invalid and could not be opened with the Password phrase provided.

am i doing something wrong.? Should i not include -----BEGIN PGP PRIVATE KEY BLOCK----- and -----END PGP PRIVATE KEY BLOCK-----.? i tried removing it and same thing happens.

Attached the screen shots.

Regards,

Sai

80607-capture.jpg

80608-capture1.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

Contributor

@saikrishna i just tried your scenario, it works properly for me. what i did

1. encrypt a file using commandline using pgp encryption.

2. Added a flow as below

ListFile -> FetchFile->EncryptContent(for decryption) ->PutFile

I got decrypted content.

I got private key with below command, check if this helps. My private key was not readable.

gpg --export-secret-keys <id> >myprivatekey

i tried this command to get private key. This file path you have to add in private keyring file. Also you need to add passphrase.

Super Collaborator

@ashok.kumar ,

The private key and the passphrase was given to me by the 3rd party vendor.

Can I directly use them in the processor as in the screenshot or Should I use some commands to generate Private Keyring file.?

if so how to do that.?

Regards,

Sai

Contributor

@Saikrishna, as i see in code private keyring is property in EncryptContent processor is file. So may you please save the content in file and set path in that property.

Contributor

As i see in ur error snapshot... it states clearly that "...... file is invalid". I think if you pass as file then it will work.

Super Collaborator

@ashok.kumar , I already tried copying the private key to a file and pointing to that , but see the same error. the processor still shows the same warning.

Super Collaborator

Hi Experts,

any help here..How do we decrypt PGP encrypted file.?

I have Passphrase and Private Key..are those enough.?

Regards,

Sai

Super Collaborator

Hi ,

just trying to get some attention from experts..

any idea on how to decrypt PGP file using Passphrase and secrect key (Private Key).

Regards,

Sai