Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

NiFi GetHBase connect refused

Rising Star

I'm trying to use the NiFi GetHBase processor and so far all I've gotten is errors. I'm using the configuration settings out of /etc/hbase/conf/hive-site.xml which has the zookeeper quorum (master.fulldomain.name,edge.fulldomain.name, port number 2181, and zookeeper znode parent of /hbase-unsecure) all correctly specified. I noticed as I cut and pasted this that it's getting a connection refused. I'm on a 2 VM development system so made sure I could connect from the nifi VM to the master node which is running zookeeper and hbase / phoenix. I've created the table in HBase using Phoenix as JOBS.JOB_REQUEST. I'm referencing that table as JOBS:JOB_REQUEST in the GetHBase processor. Anyone have any thoughts as to what might be going on. It seems it would be a nifi server to HBase connection issue. Also, is there any way to either (a) increase the logging of a particular processor or (b) debug a processor that's baked into NiFi (not that I really want to, but I would really like to get this particular processor working).

Here's the log contents from /var/log/nifi/nifi-app.log related to this error:

2016-12-05 18:45:39,660 ERROR [StandardProcessScheduler Thread-3] org.apache.nifi.hbase.GetHBase GetHBase[id=bf278170-0158-1000-6fb5-ae093b1db722] GetHBase[id=bf278170-0158-1000-6fb5-ae093b1db722] failed to invoke @OnScheduled method due to java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed while executing one of processor's OnScheduled task.; processor will not be scheduled to run for 30 seconds: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed while executing one of processor's OnScheduled task. 2016-12-05 18:45:39,662 ERROR [StandardProcessScheduler Thread-1] org.apache.nifi.engine.FlowEngine A flow controller task execution stopped abnormally java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122) ~[na:1.8.0_77] at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:192) ~[na:1.8.0_77] at org.apache.nifi.engine.FlowEngine.afterExecute(FlowEngine.java:100) ~[na:na] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1150) [na:1.8.0_77] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) [na:1.8.0_77] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [na:1.8.0_77] Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: null at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor437.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[na:na] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[na:1.8.0_77] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[na:1.8.0_77] at org.apache.nifi.util.ReflectionUtils.invokeMethodsWithAnnotations(ReflectionUtils.java:137) ~[na:na] at org.apache.nifi.util.ReflectionUtils.invokeMethodsWithAnnotations(ReflectionUtils.java:125) ~[na:na] at org.apache.nifi.util.ReflectionUtils.invokeMethodsWithAnnotations(ReflectionUtils.java:70) ~[na:na] at org.apache.nifi.util.ReflectionUtils.invokeMethodsWithAnnotation(ReflectionUtils.java:47) ~[na:na] at org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardProcessorNode$1$1.call(StandardProcessorNode.java:1244) ~[na:na] at org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardProcessorNode$1$1.call(StandardProcessorNode.java:1240) ~[na:na] at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) ~[na:1.8.0_77] at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) ~[na:1.8.0_77] at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) ~[na:1.8.0_77] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) [na:1.8.0_77] ... 2 common frames omitted Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused at sun.nio.ch.Net.connect0(Native Method) ~[na:1.8.0_77] at sun.nio.ch.Net.connect(Net.java:454) ~[na:1.8.0_77] at sun.nio.ch.Net.connect(Net.java:446) ~[na:1.8.0_77] at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.connect(SocketChannelImpl.java:648) ~[na:1.8.0_77] at java.nio.channels.SocketChannel.open(SocketChannel.java:189) ~[na:1.8.0_77] at org.apache.nifi.distributed.cache.client.StandardCommsSession.<init>(StandardCommsSession.java:49) ~[na:na] at org.apache.nifi.distributed.cache.client.DistributedMapCacheClientService.createCommsSession(DistributedMapCacheClientService.java:234) ~[na:na] at org.apache.nifi.distributed.cache.client.DistributedMapCacheClientService.leaseCommsSession(DistributedMapCacheClientService.java:249) ~[na:na] at org.apache.nifi.distributed.cache.client.DistributedMapCacheClientService.withCommsSession(DistributedMapCacheClientService.java:303) ~[na:na] at org.apache.nifi.distributed.cache.client.DistributedMapCacheClientService.get(DistributedMapCacheClientService.java:184) ~[na:na] at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor438.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[na:na] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[na:1.8.0_77] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[na:1.8.0_77] at org.apache.nifi.controller.service.StandardControllerServiceProvider$1.invoke(StandardControllerServiceProvider.java:177) ~[na:na] at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy138.get(Unknown Source) ~[na:na] at org.apache.nifi.hbase.GetHBase.getState(GetHBase.java:483) ~[na:na] at org.apache.nifi.hbase.GetHBase.parseColumns(GetHBase.java:212) ~[na:na] ... 15 common frames omitted

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

I finally tracked it down, the clue which I didn't notice until I pasted the error message above was that the error was getting a connection refused on the DistributedCacheClient. I set the properties in the GetHBase | DistributedCacheClient, but hadn't created the DistributedCacheServer in the global settings for NiFi. Once I did that, then I hit HBase errors (to make it more fun HBase happened to have been down while I was testing). But once I fixed that, everything started to work.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Guru
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused at 
sun.nio.ch.Net.connect0(Native Method) ~[na:1.8.0_77] at 
sun.nio.ch.Net.connect(Net.java:454) ~[na:1.8.0_77] at 
sun.nio.ch.Net.connect(Net.java:446) ~[na:1.8.0_77] at 
sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.connect(SocketChannelImpl.java:648) 
~[na:1.8.0_77] at 
java.nio.channels.SocketChannel.open(SocketChannel.java:189) 
~[na:1.8.0_77] at 
org.apache.nifi.distributed.cache.client.StandardCommsSession.<init>(StandardCommsSession.java:49)
 ~[na:na] at 
org.apache.nifi.distributed.cache.client.DistributedMapCacheClientService.createCommsSession(DistributedMapCacheClientService.java:234)
 ~[na:na] at 
org.apache.nifi.distributed.cache.client.DistributedMapCacheClientService.leaseCommsSession(DistributedMapCacheClientService.java:249)

Actually, it looks like you have intra-NiFi problems. This is not trying to connect to HBase which you can verify from the stack trace.

Rising Star

I finally tracked it down, the clue which I didn't notice until I pasted the error message above was that the error was getting a connection refused on the DistributedCacheClient. I set the properties in the GetHBase | DistributedCacheClient, but hadn't created the DistributedCacheServer in the global settings for NiFi. Once I did that, then I hit HBase errors (to make it more fun HBase happened to have been down while I was testing). But once I fixed that, everything started to work.