Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

NiFi Jolttransform to package json array into object?

Explorer

i have json array like the following: [{"id":"one"}, {"id,"two"}] Any idea how could i "package" it into json "root" like the following: { [{"id":"one"}, {"id,"two"}] }

I am trying to use JolttransformJSON but couldn't find any clues how to approach operation like this....

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

I don't think your desired output is valid JSON, as the root object only has an array in it, not a key/value pair. If you want a key in there (let's call it root) the following spec will work in JoltTransformJSON:

[
  {
    "operation": "shift",
    "spec": {
      "*": "root.[]"
    }
  }
]

Otherwise if you just want to add braces around the array, you can use ReplaceText, replacing the entire thing with {$1}

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Guru

I don't think your desired output is valid JSON, as the root object only has an array in it, not a key/value pair. If you want a key in there (let's call it root) the following spec will work in JoltTransformJSON:

[
  {
    "operation": "shift",
    "spec": {
      "*": "root.[]"
    }
  }
]

Otherwise if you just want to add braces around the array, you can use ReplaceText, replacing the entire thing with {$1}

Explorer

how can i transform array of maps into array of values: ["one", "two", "three"] ?