Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

NiFi Putfile 1.9.2 not saving to local desktop

Brand new NiFi user here. I created a process group and have the QueryDatabaseTable → PutFile processors linked. I funnel the output for failures and successes from the PutFile processor. I'm getting data passed through without issue, however, it is not writing the output file to my C:\users\<username>\nifi_output on my local machine. I have changed the configuration of the PutFile to try \\<machine-name>\C$\users\<username>\nifi_output for the output file and that hasn't worked either. I haven't received any errors. Like I said, I'm a newbie, so I don't know where to look any further. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks to all for your insights.  What I ended up doing was installing NiFi locally on my machine, still connected to my database server on the network.  I had to mess with the DB Connection Pool a bit to get the correct combination of Database Connection URL and userid and password, but I got it to write successfully to my hard drive locally.  Fortunately, I had a limit of 45 files set for the directory in my PutFile processor because I got 45 flowfiles in a heartbeat.  So, if you're testing this out, MAKE SURE YOU LIMIT YOUR NUMBER OF FILES before you attempt to run your processes!!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Expert Contributor

If you run NiFi in an Docker Container you can link the path in docker-compose file.

Otherwise you can try to share your folder to network, then it should be like smb://machine-name/nifi_output

More info:  NiFi installed on VM, not connected to internet.  copy of oracle test db on vm as well.  should I use NiFi scripts to point to local drive?  I need admin account to grant access to drive.

Thanks to all for your insights.  What I ended up doing was installing NiFi locally on my machine, still connected to my database server on the network.  I had to mess with the DB Connection Pool a bit to get the correct combination of Database Connection URL and userid and password, but I got it to write successfully to my hard drive locally.  Fortunately, I had a limit of 45 files set for the directory in my PutFile processor because I got 45 flowfiles in a heartbeat.  So, if you're testing this out, MAKE SURE YOU LIMIT YOUR NUMBER OF FILES before you attempt to run your processes!!!

Explorer

Little bit away from your question but this solution may work, If you create a FTP server on your local machine folder, and open your ip using public ip, then you can connect to your local folder from anywhere in the cloud or some other remote machine. For this, you have to switch PutFTP instead of PutFile.