Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

NiFi connect to s3

Explorer
I'm just starting to learn NiFi. I need to read parquet data from s3 bucket, I don’t understand how to set up lists3 and fetchs3object processors for reading data. full path looks like this: s3://inbox/prod/export/date=2022-01-07/user=100/cro.parquet I'll write data to sql database - I don't have problems with it, but not sure)) I tried to configure the lists3 processor myself and I think is not very good bucket inbox aws_access_key_id aws_secret_access_key region US EAST endpoint override URL http://s3.wi-fi.ru:8080
3 REPLIES 3

Master Collaborator

In order to read parquet data from s3 bucket flow would look like : ListS3 -> FetchS3 -> ConvertRecord with parquet reader .

So you are facing issue with ListS3 ? Can you please provide more details , I mean if you have configured with all the required details and upon start processor is throwing any error ? Processor show invalid and need some additional  information? snapshot , error stack trace would help .

You can also open Support case at support

Thank You 

Explorer

Hey! I built the process of getting data from s3, but now I have another problem, when converting, part of the data is lost and not written to the SQL database, and I can’t understand where my error, there are my settings. If you help me it will be very great.
I use split because without it there is a lot of data and Nifi drops
UpdateAttribute I use because some of the values are taken from the path where the files lie on s3

Explorer

Can you also tell me how to ask data from a fixed date (period), not everything that there are in the bucket, thanks)