Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

NiFi does not function properly when Ubuntu OS is not logged in

Explorer

Hi,

I have NiFi 1.7.1 running as a service on Ubuntu 18.04.

The service is running under root.

The instance is set up to gather modbus data on a network using a custom processor, and send the data via S2S to another instance on a separate machine. The instance is also gathering other data such as nifi resources and sending them via S2S as well.

My issue is that for some reason, when there is no user logged in to ubuntu, the flow of modbus data stops. Either via the ubuntu GUI or SSH. when I log back in, the flow starts back up. I cannot check if the service is running directly as I would need to log in for that, but the non modbus data continues to flow via S2S so I think the service is running.

There doesn't seem to be anything obvious in the nifi-app.log, or bootstrap logs.

Has anybody encountered unusual behaviour when the OS is not logged in?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

Worked it out - Ubuntu wired setting "Make Available to Other Users" was not set which was disabling the network when logged out.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Explorer

Worked it out - Ubuntu wired setting "Make Available to Other Users" was not set which was disabling the network when logged out.

Hello @Yuma I, how did you read modbus data with nifi? Can you share your custom processor?