Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Nifi Email Processor not using ReplaceText Values

Hi All,

I leveraged the CSV to JSON XML workflow example to create a workflow where I wait for a CSV from an HTTP call, I then parse and label the CSV values and lastly send the fields and values to myself via email.

The flow is working except for the email message doesn't seem to send the CSV replaceText values of Field1, Field2, Field3, Field4. Instead it is sending the Extract text values of csv.1, csv.2, csv.3, csv.4. The weird thing is when we look at the data provenance at the Email Processor we see the input claim has the fields correctly labeled as field1, field2, etc.

Any idea what the issue is?

EMAIL Message:
Standard FlowFile Metadata: 
 id = '4af1cc19-c702-42d0-907e-adcc92b04dab' 
 entryDate = 'Tue Feb 23 16:58:03 UTC 2016' 
 fileSize = '130'
FlowFile Attributes: 
 csv.1 = 'one' 
 path = './' 
 flowfile.replay.timestamp = 'Tue Feb 23 16:58:03 UTC 2016' 
 csv.3 = 'three' 
 filename = '5773072822254662' 
 restlistener.remote.user.dn = 'none' 
 csv.2 = 'two' 
 csv.4 = 'four' 
 csv = 'one' 
 restlistener.remote.source.host = 'XXXX' 
 flowfile.replay = 'true' 
 uuid = '4af1cc19-c702-42d0-907e-adcc92b04dab'

Template:

csvtojson.xml

PutEmail Processor

2354-image001.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

The PutEMail processor does not send the contents of a FlowFile by default. Rather, it sends the message that is set in the "Message" property. This is done because quite often, we want to send an email notification that something happened but not send the contents of the FlowFile itself. You can, however, set the "Attach File" property to true, which will send the contents of the FlowFile as an attachment to the e-mail.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Explorer

Could you post what you have on the message field from PutEmail please?

@jsequeiros see the updated processor configure screenshot.

Expert Contributor

The PutEMail processor does not send the contents of a FlowFile by default. Rather, it sends the message that is set in the "Message" property. This is done because quite often, we want to send an email notification that something happened but not send the contents of the FlowFile itself. You can, however, set the "Attach File" property to true, which will send the contents of the FlowFile as an attachment to the e-mail.