Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

[Nifi] How to process to provide a user a FTP server

Explorer

Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible to provide a FTP server via Nifi where a user could put files that can be then treated in Nifi. 
I saw the ListenFTP processor and i think i can do that with it but I don't really know how to set it up.
How will the user proceed to send his files?

I would like to try to set up this service locally first, knowing that Nifi runs with a docker-compose file.
Should I bring a special configuration in this case ?

I did not find any example on internet, hope you could help me. 

2 REPLIES 2

Super Guru

@azg ,

Yes, you can do this with the ListenFTP processor.

Please take a look at the documentation pages below. They explain quite clearly how this processor works.

https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/components/org.apache.nifi/nifi-standard-nar/1.13.0/org.apach...

https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/components/org.apache.nifi/nifi-standard-nar/1.13.0/org.apach...

Cheers,

André

--
Was your question answered? Please take some time to click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Explorer

Thanks for your reply @araujo .
Indeed, the documentation explain well how to set it up. I just was wondering how to do it with docker-compose (i just recently introduce that technology). 

I only had to change the docker-compose.yml and adding the listening ftp port to the ports line :

nifi:
    image: apache/nifi:latest
    ports:
      - "8443:8443"
      - "2221:2221"     <---- here
    volumes:
      - /home/user/nifi/datafiles:/data
      - /home/user/local-nifi:/local-data
    environment:
      - SINGLE_USER_CREDENTIALS_PASSWORD=
      - SINGLE_USER_CREDENTIALS_USERNAME=

Then i connected to it via FileZilla through `ftp://localhost` `port: 2221` and was able to transfer files.