Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Nifi ListFile Processor

Rising Star

Hello guys,

I'm having trouble passing the input directory in configuration of ListFile Processor.

Says that directory is invalid or does not exist.

I want' to list files in my local file system in C drive and the folder is SNIRH.

Here is the pic:

15298-nifi.png

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star
@Wynner

I resolved my issue because in fact i have 3 environments, and i was ponting the listProcessor to the wrong environment.

I have my local file system Windows 8.1, with VirtualBox, running CentOS 7, and on top of CentOS i have the sandbox, and i was pointing my folder to the CentOS layer.

My /media/sf_SharedFolder was placed in CentOS and not in sandbox. I have to thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

@Francisco Pires

Make sure there are no blank spaces in front of the directory path in the property.

Rising Star

No blank spaces afer the directory @Wynner

Super Mentor

@Francisco Pires

What about in front of your directory property value "C:\SNIRH"?

Can you attach a template of this configured processor?

Rising Star

Here is the template @Matt Clarke

template.xml

@Francisco Pires

What version of Windows are you using?

Rising Star

@Wynner

I'm using Windows 8.1 with virtualbox 5.0 running Cent OS 7

@Francisco Pires

Did you share the C: drive with the CentOS 7 VM? Also, when the mapping for a local drive in CentOS will not be in the windows format, it will be more like a CentOS drive, so it will look like /cdrive or whatever name you give it when you configure it in VirtualBox.

@Francisco Pires

If you put that path, /media/sf_SharedFolder, in the Input Directory property for the ListFile processor, does it get a listing of files?

Rising Star

@Wynner

I'm a bit confused. I have a shared folder yes, but it's not C: drive. It's a folder between CentOS and my local file system (Windows). From what i understood, if i put the files in my shared directory i just have to pass that path to the nifi processor in a CentOS way. What i'm confusing now is the HDFS and my sharefolder. Suppose i wan't to have that folder visible in my HDFS it is possible? (Example, in hive instead of picking the file from local, picking the file form HDFS path)