Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Nifi ListFile Processor

Rising Star

Hello guys,

I'm having trouble passing the input directory in configuration of ListFile Processor.

Says that directory is invalid or does not exist.

I want' to list files in my local file system in C drive and the folder is SNIRH.

Here is the pic:

15298-nifi.png

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star
@Wynner

I resolved my issue because in fact i have 3 environments, and i was ponting the listProcessor to the wrong environment.

I have my local file system Windows 8.1, with VirtualBox, running CentOS 7, and on top of CentOS i have the sandbox, and i was pointing my folder to the CentOS layer.

My /media/sf_SharedFolder was placed in CentOS and not in sandbox. I have to thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

Rising Star

@Wynner with /var/log works! So, why doesn't work with mu shared folder...?

do you think that can be related to this error:

15354-utcerror.png

@Francisco Pires

No, that error has nothing to do with the issue for the ListFile processor.

Maybe it has something to do with the mixed case, I am not sure since I don't have a CentOS 7 VirtualBox VM. Try changing the case to all lower case and no underscores for the mounted partition name and see if that makes a difference.

@Francisco Pires

I was able to use the sf_SharedFolder path name, so that is not the issue.

Will you take snapshot of the property Input Directory with the current configuration?

The only time I am able to reproduce the error you are seeing is when I add a blank space before or after the path or when I add a carriage return in the property. Make sure there is only a single line in the property value.

@Francisco Pires

Try clearing your browser cache or try deleting the processor and dropping a new ListFile processor on the graph. What version of HDF are you running?

Here is my environment where it works just fine. I am running CentOS 7.3 in VirtualBox 5.1.22 on MacOS Sierra, HDF 2.1.2.

15378-screen-shot-2017-05-13-at-101752-am.png

15379-screen-shot-2017-05-13-at-101832-am.png

Rising Star

@Wynner

I tried yesterday changing the name without '_' and lowered the path but still not working.

Here is the current config. of my processor:

15377-processor-nifi.png

Rising Star
@Wynner

I resolved my issue because in fact i have 3 environments, and i was ponting the listProcessor to the wrong environment.

I have my local file system Windows 8.1, with VirtualBox, running CentOS 7, and on top of CentOS i have the sandbox, and i was pointing my folder to the CentOS layer.

My /media/sf_SharedFolder was placed in CentOS and not in sandbox. I have to thank you for your help.