Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Nifi PutEmail processor throwing failed to process session due to java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

New Contributor

Running Version Nifi-1.12.1
I configured Put email processor,

ShivaShiva_0-1621627906127.png

Error:1

ERROR [Timer-Driven Process Thread-2] o.a.nifi.processors.standard.PutEmail PutEmail[id=2ac3b9ca-a1fa-3710-213e-23a9289cdc24] PutEmail[id=2ac3b9ca-a1fa-3710-213e-23a9289cdc24] failed to process session due to java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.slf4j.helpers.MessageFormatter.arrayFormat(Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Throwable;)Lorg/slf4j/helpers/FormattingTuple;; Processor Administratively Yielded for 1 sec: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.slf4j.helpers.MessageFormatter.arrayFormat(Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Throwable;)Lorg/slf4j/helpers/FormattingTuple;

Error2:

Could not convert socket to TLS; routing to failure: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not convert socket to TLS;
nested exception is:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: No appropriate protocol (protocol is disabled or cipher suites are inappropriate)

Please help out to solve this

3 REPLIES 3

Explorer

I had a similar issue with the PutEmail processor a few months back when I 'imported' my existing flow into a new NiFi installation.

Having investigated I recall that there was some issue with the email library in JRE 11 and reverting back to JRE 8 fixed my problem for me.

I'm certainly no expert on the matter but worth exploring until someone can be more specific.

Good luck.

New Contributor

Thanks@_mark_  even i am using jre 8, unable to figure out what was going wrong

Explorer

I'm having a similar issue.  The SFTP processors are also not being able to connect. (also on jre 😎

One thing that might help, is that running nifi using the official docker image, works fine. And, the JRE on that container is also the jre8 but not the same exact version, the version on the container is a bit older than mine.  Haven't had the time to test this out, but it might help;

Also, on local docker and on local host, "it works on my machine". The faulty one is on AWS

Have you guys achieved any progress on the issue?