Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Nifi Registry doesnt load UI for most users

Explorer

NiFi Registry successfully loads for myself (Initial admin) and one other user who has no permissions in Registry but full permissions in the NiFi its linked to. Multiple users are unable to access the UI of Registry. When they hit the URL I give them (https://example.com:17443/nifi-registry), the NiFi Registry "R" logo is displayed and never reaches the UI. They are never prompted with a "Insufficient permissions" or "Unable to load" errors. The browsers they try always display this logo (Firefox and chrome). I am using NiFi Registry 0.1.0 and NiFi 1.6.0.

Also, why is there no "nifi-user.log" for NiFi-Registry. That would be helpful to figure out why users arent able to access the UI.

Thanks,

Jayson

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Mentor

@Jayson Ramey

-

The NiFi Registry does not have a separate nifi-registry-user.log. All user access events are logged in the nifi-registry-app.log.

-

Sounds like the issue was identified as a old browser version problem. Did you try using the developer tools built in to your browser as suggested by @Bryan Bende to see if you were encountering any java script errors?

-

Sounds like the solution here requires the upgrading of your browser versions.

-

Thank you,

Matt

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rising Star

@Matt Clarke

Any ideas? This thing is killing us!

Master Guru

Can you open Chrome Dev tools and see what is shown ? any javascript errors in the console? any interesting response codes for any requests on the network tab?

Explorer

I believe our issue is browser version. Our browsers are outdated. Firefox and Chrome version 35 or 36 (These do not work and get stuck at logo loading screen) and some have Chrome version 50.0.2661.94 which works.

Super Mentor

@Jayson Ramey

-

The NiFi Registry does not have a separate nifi-registry-user.log. All user access events are logged in the nifi-registry-app.log.

-

Sounds like the issue was identified as a old browser version problem. Did you try using the developer tools built in to your browser as suggested by @Bryan Bende to see if you were encountering any java script errors?

-

Sounds like the solution here requires the upgrading of your browser versions.

-

Thank you,

Matt