Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Nifi - SFTP and Input Port

New Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to get data from an SFTP server. The recommended pattern from articles I have read

suggest ListFTP to Remote Process Group, Input Port to FetchSFTP.

I'm accessing Nifi on a local instance (localhost:9090/nifi).

After adding a RPG to the canvas as well as an input port, I get the error "Connection refused on the RPG" and "'http://localhost:9090/nifi/' does not have any input ports." when I try connect ListFTP to the Remote Process Group.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

Solved it.

I had to switch "Strict Host Key Checking" to false. 

Works just fine.

Thanks for the help

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Super Guru

I don’t think the “remote process group” is required.  I do however sometimes keep listsftp in main canvas and send to input port of a Process Group(not remote). Only so I can trigger from main canvas and never go into Process Group.

For testing the Sftp connections and basic flow, I would recommend just doing listsftp->fetchsftp directly.

Once you know it works and you still want to move it to different grouping (or even a remote process group) then address moving things around.

New Contributor

Thanks for the feedback.

I tried, as you suggested, using ListSFTP and FetchSFTP only. I'm still getting a "could not load known_host" error.

New Contributor

Solved it.

I had to switch "Strict Host Key Checking" to false. 

Works just fine.

Thanks for the help

Super Mentor

@justjoe 

With Apache NiFi 1.0 - 1.9 versions, only input and output ports added at the root canvas level (very top level) will be "remote" input/output ports.  All input/output ports added within sub-process groups are local ports only.  NiFi Remote Process Groups (RPG) are only able to send to or pull from "remote" input and output ports.

With Apache NiFi 1.10 and newer you can now have the option of designating an input or output port as either local or remote when it is being added to the canvas within a sub process group.

Hope this helps,

Matt