Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Nifi UI not launching

Expert Contributor

Hello

I have downloaded HDF in a centos 7 machine and i have started the service. When i run bin/nifi.sh status, i get the following

Nifi is currently running, listening to Bootstrap on port 40883, PID=18516

However when i enter http://<servername>:8080/nifi the UI fails to appear. Is there anything i am missing? Please advise

Regards

Ahmad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

@Ahmad Debbas

As always, start by checking your most recent /logs for ERROR or even WARN, e.g.:

cat nifi-app* | grep ERROR

Logs are: nifi-app*.log, nifi-bootstrap*.log, nifi-user*.log

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Milind,

That means some other app is binding to that port. You can edit the nifi.properties file to use a different port or stop the other app that is binding to the port. Do you have HDP components running on this system?

Milind,

That means some other app is binding to that port. You can edit the nifi.properties file to use a different port or stop the other app that is binding to the port. Do you have HDP components running on this system?

Contributor

yes I installed Hortonworks Sandbox with HDP2.4 on Oracle VM recently Though the nifi UI was working on Port 8080 but started giving error since yesterday.

I will try changing port and see if it resolve the issue.

Super Mentor

Was your VM restarted or the NiFi restarted since HDP was installed?

Contributor

After changing the port, I am able to launch nifi UI. thanks Dwynne for resolution.

Contributor

hi mclark, yes it is as due to virtual box issue I had to reinstall virtualbox and reboot the machine.

Contributor

try http://<servername>:40883/nifi

@Milind More Even I'm running nifi on HDP sandbox but unable to launch UI. Can you please share how you have configured the things.