Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Nifi in transferring file from my local machine to vm hdfs

New Contributor

Hi,

I am using Nifi in transferring file from my local machine to vm hdfs. My nifi is installed only on my local machine.

I made a flowfile from:

• getFile - good

• PutHDFS - error

So there is an error in PutHDFS

java nio channel unresolved exception

Is this because my nifi is installed only on my local and cant find the path of my Directory in HDFS?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

Contributor

NiFi don't need to be on the same machine than HDFS. But the PutHDFS processor need informations to connect to HDFS : hdfs-site.xml and core-site.xml.

And for sure, network have to be configured.

Super Guru

@toutou 

From your hdfs cluster you need hdfs-site.xml and correct configuration for PutHDFS.    You may also need to satisfy creating a user with permissions on the hdfs location.

Please share PutHDFS processor configuration, and error information to allow community members to respond with specific feedback required to solve your issue.

If this answer resolves your issue or allows you to move forward, please choose to ACCEPT this solution and close this topic. If you have further dialogue on this topic please comment here or feel free to private message me. If you have new questions related to your Use Case please create separate topic and feel free to tag me in your post.

Thanks,

Steven