Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Nifi putHdfs Error Java.lang.illegalArgumentException

Explorer

13542-2017-03-12-3.png

Hi ,

I am trying to follow https://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/how-to-refine-and-visualize-sentiment-data/.

The banana dashboard, solr are working fine but I am unable send the data from nifi to hdfs.

I can't find any data in tmp/tweets_staging directory.I attached the picture of my error.Could someone help me with this?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

If you use lzo codec or not, you need to remove all of value about lzo codec from core-site.xml.

I experienced that issue, but it works well after removing some text about lzo code from core-site.xml.

It dosen't matter you use that codec on your putHDFS processor or not, and if your system clustered, you have to modify all of each node setting.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Master Guru

Please set compression codec to NONE in the putHDFS process.

Explorer

Yes sir , I have set that .capture.png Is there anything that needs to be configured?

Thank you.

Master Guru

are you still getting the error?

Explorer

yes sir. The error is same.

New Contributor

If you use lzo codec or not, you need to remove all of value about lzo codec from core-site.xml.

I experienced that issue, but it works well after removing some text about lzo code from core-site.xml.

It dosen't matter you use that codec on your putHDFS processor or not, and if your system clustered, you have to modify all of each node setting.

Explorer

Thank you sir,It worked.