Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Nifi treating newline as argument delimiter despite custom config

New Contributor

I'm having issues with ExecuteStreamCommand, I have set up the Argument Delimiter as ~ like screenshot below: 

abvincita_0-1647327485446.png

However when ERROR_DETAIL attribute contains newline characters (\n or %0A) apparently Nifi treats the newline as a delimiter and hence the shell script receives more than 1 arguments in the place of ERROR_DETAIL. I was expecting Nifi to use strictly just the ~ character as the argument delimiter.

Am I missing a different config in Nifi? Is there a way to make Nifi ignores the newline and only use the ~ as the delimiter?

4 REPLIES 4

Super Guru

Hi, @abvincita ,

Try using the following Command Arguments in your processor configuration:

"${ERROR_DETAIL}"~"${ERROR_CODE}"

Cheers,

André

--
Was your question answered? Please take some time to click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

--
Was your question answered? Please take some time to click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.

New Contributor

Hi @araujo , thanks for your suggestion.

I tried doing that, and while it seems to make Nifi ignores the newlines indeed, the processor now throws a different error: 

ERROR: ORA-01756: quoted string not properly terminated

The strings are definitely terminated in the configuration.... The ERROR_DETAIL does contain double quotes as well, can this be affecting it?

Super Guru

@abvincita ,

Yes, if ERROR_DETAIL has double-quotes in it, it will have adverse effects. Does it have single-quotes too? If not, you can try using:

'${ERROR_DETAIL}'~'${ERROR_CODE}'

Cheers,

André

--

--

Super Guru

Hi, @abvincita ,

Please ignore my last post. I did a quick test using dynamic properties arguments and confirmed that it works well, regardless of the content of the attributes.

Please give this a try:

araujo_0-1647413281075.png

André

--

--