Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

No available Impalad to send queries to

Rising Star

We are running CDH 5.3.3 with Hue 3.7.0, and just added impala via Cloudera Manager. Whenever we log on to Hue, the "No available Impalad to send queries to." appears. Cloudera Manager doesn't report anything wrong with either impala or Hue. The impala and Hue logs don't show any errors. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

For completeness, I also want to add that the impala-shell works without a problem. The issue seems to be restricted to Hue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

Problem solved. Rebooting the cluster servers didn’t fix the issue. The problem was due to Hue being configured with LDAP. Even though I didn’t find anything that says otherwise, I didn’t think that Having LDAP implemented for Hue required Impala too to be configured for LDAP. After doing that the misconfiguration message disappears, and everything works fine.

Thanks again for your help!

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29

Super Guru
Could you use the impala shell to connect to the impalad and give a try?

How about restarting just this impalad?

Rising Star
As I mentioned earlier, the impala shell works fine. I can connect and work with Impala without any problems.

Super Guru
But do you connect to this exact same impalad?

Rising Star
Yes, I do.

Super Guru
So I don't know. You could share the /logs page content after opening the
editor. Then see if restarting Hue would unfreeze it

Rising Star
Let me run a full restart in case something is hosed somewhere. I'll update the post as soon as I'm done. Thanks for your help.

Rising Star

Problem solved. Rebooting the cluster servers didn’t fix the issue. The problem was due to Hue being configured with LDAP. Even though I didn’t find anything that says otherwise, I didn’t think that Having LDAP implemented for Hue required Impala too to be configured for LDAP. After doing that the misconfiguration message disappears, and everything works fine.

Thanks again for your help!

Super Collaborator
Just curious, what ldap properties did you have set for Hue? Hue being configured for Ldap should not force Impala to require Ldap.

Rising Star
That's what I thought too. However, the problem disappeared only after setting the following properties via Cloudera Manager in the Impala Command Line Argument Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve):
-ldap_allow_anonymous_binds=false
-ldap_domain=
-ldap_manual_config=false
-ldap_passwords_in_clear_ok=true
-ldap_tls=false
-ldap_uri=
I know the option values for some of them are the default ones, but I chose to add the options to the Safety Valve anyway for completeness.

Super Collaborator
Oh, sorry, meant which ldap properties did you have set for Hue? Mainly, did you have:

[desktop]
ldap_username=
ldap_password=