Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Node1 Still appeared in the Host List after decommissioned it

Hi Guys,
I have Follow all the step that were needed to decommission a node.
but after all steps :
1. Decommission the services
2. Delete Host from Cluster
3. Delete all packages that were installed.
but when i write the command :
"Cat /etc/Host"
that specific node "Node1" still appearing in the list ?
is that ok or i have missing something ?
NOTE : Particular Node "Node1" successfully removed from the list of Ambari Hosts.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

@Mudassar Hussain,

Ambari does not manage /etc/hosts file. You should manually delete the entry from /etc/hosts file. If you want to see if the host is deleted or not , you can call Ambari REST api and check the response

curl -k -u {username}:{password} -H "X-Requested-By:ambari" http://{ambari-host}:{ambari-port}/api/v1/hosts

If the above call doesn't return the deleted host , then you can confirm that the host is deleted.

Thanks,

Aditya

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Super Guru

@Mudassar Hussain,

Ambari does not manage /etc/hosts file. You should manually delete the entry from /etc/hosts file. If you want to see if the host is deleted or not , you can call Ambari REST api and check the response

curl -k -u {username}:{password} -H "X-Requested-By:ambari" http://{ambari-host}:{ambari-port}/api/v1/hosts

If the above call doesn't return the deleted host , then you can confirm that the host is deleted.

Thanks,

Aditya

Thanks @Aditya Sirna
it Works 🙂

Super Guru

@Mudassar Hussain,

Glad that it worked. Can you please close this thread my marking it as accepted. This will be really useful for the community.

I have accept you answer but not know how to close the thread ?

Super Guru

@Mudassar Hussain,

Accepting the answer will do it. Thanks 🙂