Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Nodemanager shutsdown soon after start - where to find the logs for shutdown?

Expert Contributor

Hi, one of my nodemanager shuts down because my /var directory was full. I cleared it and restarted it but it is still shutting down. I dont seem to find anywhere why my nodemanager is shutting down soon after restart... i went to the node that has issue at /var/log/hadoop-yarn/yarnyarn-yarn-nodemanager-xxxx.log but nothing seems to be there. Where can i look for the logs?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @PJ

All services logs can be found at the location mentioned in the yarn-env.sh (can be found under Hadoop Conf files, usually /etc/hadoop/conf/) on the respective nodes.

Example yarn-env.sh

export YARN_LOG_DIR=/grid/0/log/yarn/

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Expert Contributor

i stil dint find logs for start and stopping nodemanager but my nodemanager is running now after i restarted yarn components.

Hi @PJ

All services logs can be found at the location mentioned in the yarn-env.sh (can be found under Hadoop Conf files, usually /etc/hadoop/conf/) on the respective nodes.

Example yarn-env.sh

Hi @PJ

Example yarn-env.sh

Explorer

@PJ You can also look at the .out files which are present in the same yarn log dir location. Alternatively, you can launch the process in the foreground using "yarn nodemanager" CLI to see why the process is shutting down immediately.