Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Not able to connect to ec2 instance created from custom AMI

Contributor

I have followed the below link and trying to create an ec2 instance for Horton works sandbox 2.5

Reference: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/vm-import/latest/userguide/import-vm-image.html

I have created an s3 bucket and copied the hortonworks2.5 vmdk file into s3 bucket creditcardtxn1.

Created an AMI from the s3 bucket and created an ec2 instance from the ami.

When I tried to connect to the instance it is asking for a password.I didn't set up any password while I create the instance.

pem file permission are read only ec2-login-issue.pngec2-unixlog.png

-r--------+ 1 jojohny Domain Users 1692 Feb 8 08:34 cctm-keypair.pem

$ ssh -i cctm-keypair.pem ec2-user@52.91.69.113 The authenticity of host '52.91.69.113 (52.91.69.113)' can't be established. ECDSA key fingerprint is SHA256:q9UWasJMT0r3YmS6Z0zRzgL6mT42UJ1xCXmozNt6IXo. Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes Warning: Permanently added '52.91.69.113' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts. ec2-user@52.91.69.113's password: Permission denied, please try again.

Please let me know how to bypass this error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

I am able to solve this issue. Please find the default user id/password for hortonworks vm ware images hosted in username:root

password:hadoop

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Contributor

I am able to solve this issue. Please find the default user id/password for hortonworks vm ware images hosted in username:root

password:hadoop