We are trying to set up ODBC connection to Impala on our Windows laptops. However, we keep getting an error:
[Cloudera][ImpalaODBC] (100) Error from the Impala Thrift API: connect() failed: errno = 10060
Unfortunately, our team didn't set up the CDH nor are we experts in this area, but we do have access to Cloudera manager and HUE. So we are hoping that you can help us out:
- Which IP should be used as a host? Should it be the IP where Hue and Cloudera Manager are installed? Or the IP of one of the Impala Deamons?
- Should the port for Impala Deamon HiveServer2 be used?
- Which authentication mechanism should we use? Where in Cloudera manager/or hue can we find this out? In order to log in to HUE we use username and password, should the same be used when setting up ODBC?
- What about SSL? How should I set up SSL Options? Again, can I find this somewhere in Hue or Cloudera Manager?
- Is there anything else that we should be doing?